Harrison Pond
  • chevron_rightWhat is an Association and what is its function?
    The short answer is that it is a corporation of homeowners that agree to abide by rules and regulations in an effort to create a harmonious living environment and help to maintain property value.

    2.2 The Association - The Association is incorporated through the Articles of Incorporation filed
    with the Ohio’s Secretary of State as a Not for Profit corporation under the provisions of Chapter
    1702 of the Revised Code of Ohio. In a Not for Profit corporation, under and pursuant to the laws of
    Ohio, members are and will be all of the owners of a fee simple interest in a lot or lots within the
  • chevron_rightWhy do we have a board?
    As an association we have a homeowner elected volunteer board to oversee neighborhood association affairs.

    2.1 Board of Trustees - The Code of Regulations (By-laws) and Ohio law delegate the Board of
    Trustees with the responsibility for the operation and management of the common elements of the
    community and the Association affairs. The Board has the ultimate authority to make decisions and
    develop and approve rules and regulations in an effort to create a harmonious living environment and
    help to maintain property value.
  • chevron_rightWhat is the process for getting approval for changing my paint color on my house?
    This is an easy one. Just fill out an Architectural Modifications Form request and send it to Towne Properties.  These forms can be found on our website.  The link can be found under the Committees page on our website.  Click here for the link.
  • chevron_rightMy street tree died. Do I have to replace it?
    Yes -
    Street trees are the responsibility of the homeowner. When a tree dies, the homeowner must remove the dead tree and replace with the same or approved type and a minimum of one and one-half inch in diameter. Any improper planting of street trees not the same type and size shall be removed and the cost for replanting will be assessed to the homeowner. Pruning of street trees or any tree that overhangs sidewalks or public walkways are the responsibility of the homeowner.  This information can be found in your HP handbook Section 7.1 paragraph 4.  This is not only an association requirement but a city ordinance as well.  
  • chevron_rightI need to replace my street tree. Is there a certain tree I need to use?
    Please select below, find your street and review the approved street trees for your street. In addition to the street tree(s) currently assigned to your particular street, the homeowner may also select the Black Gum, American Hophornbeam, American Yellowwood or American Hornbeam as an acceptable replacement.
  • chevron_rightCan I build a fence in my yard?
    There are a few guidelines that you will need to follow however.  First you will need to file a plan with the ARC (Click here for link)  There are a few other things to remember:
    1. Chain link fences are prohibited.
    2. Unless otherwise approved in writing by the Architectural Review Committee, no fence or wall can be constructed in excess of forty-eight (48) inches above grade.
    3. Unless otherwise approved in writing by the Architectural Review Committee, fences must be split-rail wood with three rails.
    More information can be found in section 7.6 of your HP handbook.
    Lastly, don't forget that the city requires a permit to put up any type of fence.  (click here for link)
  • chevron_rightMy Mailbox needs repaired or replaced. Who should I contact?
    If you need to replace your mailbox including mount and post, Cedar Craft is the approved vendor for our mailboxes. You can contact them directly to pay and arrange the replacement. Cedar Craft does offer installation of the new mailbox but will not haul away your existing mailbox. Your existing mailbox can be set out on the next trash day. Any unapproved mailbox, post, paint color or mount, will be a violation that could result in a fine.
    If your mailbox only requires repairs, touch-up on paint or straightening, we have a homeowner in our neighborhood, Jim Soma, who can repair mailboxes and can also work with Cedar Craft to replace your mailbox. Jim Soma uses only approved Homeowner Association materials and paint colors. Jim Soma has provided a flyer with his contact and repair costs. 
  • chevron_rightIs there a way to block off a section of street for a block party?
    Yes but you will need to get a permit from the city.  Attached is the form for a block party permit.  You may fax or email it to the police department.  The fax number is 614-342-4300.  Once the Chief approves your request, they will notify you and inform the service department.  The service department will bring over cones to your house in order to close off the necessary streets.
  • chevron_rightAre there rules regarding signs, flags and displays in Harrison Pond?
    Yes. Please refer to our By-Laws and Governance page under the Board & By-Laws menu option for more information or by selecting here